Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fall decorating Fail

   I have been so excited for FALL!  Cooler weather, cozy sweaters, fuzzy slippers, cuddling in front of the fireplace with hot beverages, and delightful colors and scents all around are all things I wait for all year long!    So, of course, today was the day for some FREE Fall decorating.  I had a great plan in place.  I had been eyeing all those gorgeous red and orange leaves for days, and today was the day my one year old son and I would gleefully bond over collecting the best of them!
   But alas, all it took was a few days for all those lovely colors to turn from fiery and ferocious, to brown and crunchy.  We considering collecting acorns, but they were all stepped on and cracked.  So we hung our heads low and returned home leafless.
   The silver lining of the story is that I had just a few blooms left on the flowers in my yard.  I paired these with some lavender (which I am happy to report we are never short on at this house!), and made a quaint but lovely bouquet to enjoy until I can regroup and figure out my "Fall Decorating Plan Take 2".  So watch for that post, coming soon!  In the meantime, enjoy the last of summer:

No comments:

Post a Comment