Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hanging Cork Strip

  Here is a super simple and fun way to use some of your old corks.  Mine is still a work in progress.  I don't like where I hung it, and I plan to build a shelf right there.  And I don't love the yellow ribbon.
 Now, I found the inspiration on Pinterest, and the Pinner suggested used a yard stick to glue your corks too.  This is GOOD advice.  But if, like me, you're in a hurry and don't have a yard stick, you can use ribbon. The downside to ribbon is that if you bend it too much, the corks easily come off, and you can only hang it vertically.  To hang horizontally, you really MUST use a hard surface, like a yard stick.                                                                                                                                            





SUPPLIES:                                                                                
1. Corks!  As many or as few as you choose                              
2. Hot glue gun and glue                                                            
3. Wide ribbon or (preferably) a yard stick
4. Scissors

Directions could not be any simpler: Glue corks to ribbon/stick.  Make sure you leave a space to attach it to the wall.  Hang and, Voila!  Practical cork art.  I love it.  Now I just need to find a better place to hang it...






No comments:

Post a Comment