Sunday, September 29, 2013

Scraps into Sign

  In my beautiful, new to me, rental house kitchen, there is a soffit above the sink, that has been dreadfully boring since we moved in.  It needed something.  But again, the budget.  Wa wa waaaa...  Not much room for decor in that little budget.  So I do what I do best, and I improvised!  
 I cut the "friends and family" out of a piece of scrap book paper a friend had given me, and I cut up a burlap wine bag I had with my wrapping paper collection.  I used hot glue to hem the burlap, and a glue stick to glue the paper. Finally, I added ribbon with more hot glue, and Ta Da!  My soffit is naked no more. 
  Eventually, I'd like to put something up there relating to pie..but I haven't figured yet what that is.. Mmm..pie..

No comments:

Post a Comment