Sunday, September 29, 2013

Just call me Bargain Betty!

I have been working hard to stick to my budget.  But like many of us, I still get that itch to shop!  Often!  So I'm trying to get more into garage sales, rummage sales, and the like.  I've had GREAT luck lately!  So I wanted to share some tips with you.

1. Go early!  The best deals usually get picked up in the first hour - so get up early!
2. Go late.  Some of the best bargains and giveaways can be gotten at the end of the day when the sellers are tired and ready to see everything GO!  I scored my son's Pottery Barn Anywhere Chair (like theses http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/boys-anywhere-chair-collection/?cm_src=AutoCSLPIP) for $10 at the end of the day!
3. Don't be afraid to negotiate - especially if you're buying  a bunch of stuff and especially if it's late in the day.
4. Be inspired!  Some of my best crafts and kids' activities have been inspired by random stuff I found at garage sales.  You never know what you're going to find!

Stay tuned for tips on your own successful garage sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment